Monday, September 9, 2013

View-Masters I Have Owned

When I think back on the View-Master toys I had as a kid, I can remember having a classic red viewer, and I can also remember having a blue projector. I think my brother and I got the projector for Christmas one year (Santa would sometimes give us a shared present), and it came with a bunch of reels from The Muppets. I asked my mom the other day if she thought this set was still up in the attic, and she said she might have taken it to preschool (she's a retired preschool teacher). Well, I guess we'll see if it turns up one day; I don't care about the projector, but I'd love to have the Muppet reels!

Yesterday at a local Goodwill store, I found a three-reel set telling the story of Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day, which wasn't a set I had as a kid, but I had a Disney storybook with that story and loved it very much. So it was almost like finding a View-Master set I could remember from my childhood.

Are there specific sets you remember?

2 comments:

  1. I had a lot of "vacation" type reels; i think i had one that had great american tourist attractions like the grand canyon. And i swearrrrr i used to have Mary Poppins and ET... It's been a long time :) I remember having at least one that was "claymation" like...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been finding a lot of vacation ones lately. It's funny--I never knew there were "educational" ones until I was a grown-up because we didn't have any of that variety. There are some really cool ones now from Discovery and National Wildlife Federation that have lots of photos of animals.

      Delete